.NU is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) assigned to the island state of Niue.
Basically, everyone in the world can register a .NU domain. However, Personal ID or Organization ID and VAT ID as extended attributes are required.
- During registration, a Swedish resident should provide a valid:
- Organization Identification Number - if the registrant is a company/business registered in Sweden (sample format: 123456-1234). Additionally, a VAT ID for Swedish companies is required in the "VAT Number" field.
- If the registrant is not a Swedish resident, then the following information should be provided:
- Company registration number (or the equivalent) and VAT ID - if the registrant is a non-Swedish organization inside of the European Union
- Company registration number (or the equivalent) - if the registrant is a non-Swedish organization outside of the European Union
TIP: You may also fill in extended attributes in advance or after domain registration so that they are used for all your future registrations. Please refer to the “What are a domain's extended attributes?” article to know how.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.