Ruby on Rails is a free web application framework for the Ruby programming language. It is often referred to as 'Rails' or 'RoR'. It is intended to be used with the Agile development methodology, which is often used by web developers for its suitability for short, client-driven projects.
We support RoR with our Professional, Ultimate, Business and Reseller packages. The following versions are working on our servers: Ruby – 1.8.7, Rails – 2.3.18. You can set up your environment for your Ruby on Rails application in cPanel in the following way:
1. Log into your cPanel, navigate to the Software/Services section > Ruby on Rails:
2. Fill in the corresponding fields:
- Insert your application name into the App Name text box
- Check the Load on Boot? option and fill in Application Path (filled in automatically by default)
- Set Environment to the preferable type
and click on Create:
3. Create a rewrite rule for your application in order to access it in the future via a web browser.
Click on Create Rewrite for the newly created application in the Create A Rewrite section:
4. Choose the domain and URL (1) to redirect the Rails application to and click on Save (2):
5. In order to run the application, click on the Run button in the Actions section:
6. Once the App Status is changed to Running, navigate to your apps URL in the browser. You will see the Ruby on Rails welcome board:
The environment for your Ruby on Rails application is set up. Feel free to deploy your application now.
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk